Landlord-Tenant Dispute Attorney in Denver, Colorado
What Are Landlord-Tenant Dispute Cases?
A landlord-tenant dispute is a legal argument between tenants and landlords. Common landlord- tenant disputes include nonpayment of rent for various reasons, disagreements over security deposits, property damage claims, safety concerns, habitability problems, and failure to make timely repairs.
Whether you’re a landlord or tenant, being part of a landlord-tenant dispute in Denver can be time-consuming and complicated. Working with a lawyer for landlord-tenant cases is advisable to reach a favorable outcome.
Colorado Landlord-Tenant Law Overview
Landlord and tenant laws in Colorado are numerous and can be confusing for both parties when it comes to interpreting legal terminology. Several rights and responsibilities exist for both parties, including a landlord’s right to establish unit rules and raise rental costs (with notice). These laws also cover when and why a tenant might be legally permitted to withhold rent.
To make sense of Colorado laws or to determine whether you have a reasonable cause to file a dispute case, contact Juba Law.
Legal Options & Remedies
A court hearing is not the only option for finding a resolution for landlord-tenant disputes.
Mediation for landlord-tenant disputes can be helpful, as a mediator listens to both parties’ issues and interests and works to help the parties find common ground.
Landlord-tenant dispute arbitration is another option that’s done outside of a courtroom. An arbitrator helps to settle a dispute between two parties without the need for litigation. Like a mediator, they listen to the facts presented, but they’re authorized to render an award at the end of the session.
Common Property Disputes
- Nonpayment of Rent: Tenants may miss partial or complete rent payments for several reasons, and when this occurs, it creates a tense landlord-tenant relationship.
- Pet Violations: Pet violations can occur when a tenant keeps pets in the rental unit despite the lease agreement forbidding pet habitation. This may include damages incurred by pets in the unit.
- Criminal Activity: Most lease agreements require the tenant to abstain from criminal activity within the unit.
- Retaliatory Eviction: Occasionally, landlords will attempt to evict a tenant simply for exercising their rights as a renter. This situation calls for the aid of an experienced renters’ lawyer.
- Security Deposits: Landlord-tenant security deposit disputes may involve failing to return deposits after a tenant leaves or issues regarding various security charges.
- Lease Violations: Lease violations may include moving different parties into the unit without approval or damaging the property. These situations may require a landlord dispute attorney’s help.
- Invasion of Privacy: Failure to respect a tenant’s privacy includes landlords entering the inhabited residence without acceptable cause or warning, which can lead to landlord- tenant disputes.
- Discrimination: Tenant discrimination is illegal, and landlords who behave in discriminatory ways toward tenants may initiate landlord-tenant disputes in Colorado.
- Safety/Habitability Issues: Landlords are obligated to make timely repairs and ensure a safe environment for tenants. Failure to do so may result in tenants seeking a tenant dispute attorney.
Best Denver Lawyer for Landlord-Tenant Cases
Juba Law employs the best landlord-tenant attorneys in Denver, and our team is well-equipped to handle your case. We know how to settle landlord-tenant disputes, and our knowledge and experience enable our lawyers to advocate for your rights.
Whether you’re a landlord or tenant in Colorado, you can trust our law firm for landlord-tenant dispute solutions. We have represented landlords and tenants for years, and our familiarity with landlord-tenant law makes it so our team can provide the quickest and most favorable resolutions so that you can move forward.
Draft and Review Commercial Leases
When leasing commercial property, it’s essential to develop lease contracts that cover every possible term and condition associated with leasing the property to another business. A solid lease agreement will significantly reduce commercial landlord and tenant disputes. As a result, your business as a landlord is set to run smoothly in this regard.
As a law firm covering landlord-tenant disputes, Juba Law cannot only remedy existing disputes but also prevent them from occurring. We can review and revise your lease agreements and even draft new, airtight lease contracts for your business.
Landlord Rights and Issues
Colorado law occasionally updates landlord rights and regulations, so verifying your compliance as a rental property owner is paramount. Review fee requirements, eviction protocols, and timelines you must follow to avoid future disputes. For clarification, contact Juba Law, and an experienced landlord-tenant attorney in Denver, CO, will provide you with legal assistance.
Tenant Rights and Issues
Renters in Colorado are guaranteed specific rights when leasing a unit, including the right to a habitable environment, timely repairs, and the return of security deposits when appropriate. If you feel your landlord is violating your rights, contact Juba Law, and a renter’s attorney will review your concerns.
Why You Should Hire Juba Law
The attorneys at Juba Law have worked hard to make our law firm one of the most trusted and well-respected offices in the Denver area. Our attorneys for landlord and tenant disputes have years of experience, and our continuous pursuit of knowledge ensures that our team remains current with new legal developments. We have represented many tenants and landlords, and in doing so, we’re confident in our team’s ability to reach favorable outcomes in landlord-tenant cases.